Shows of Note this week
- Mondays at Con Alma (Howie Alexander Trio), 11/18
- JazzLive Series at Backstage Bar, 11/19
- A Taste of Soul at Genuine Pub, 11/19
- Roger Humphries Quintet Thursday Residency at Con Alma, 11/21
- [Film] Lorraine Hansberry’s ‘Sighted Eyes/Feeling Heart’ at CEC Homewood, 11/21
- John Pizzarelli & Catherine Russell at MCGJazz, 11/22
- O’Jays at Soldiers & Sailors, 11/22
- Byron Nash headlining at Light Up Night, 11/22
- Tribe Eternal at Light Up Night, 11/22
- Beauty Slap at Light Up Night, 11/22
- Jerron “Blind Boy” Paxton & Jontavious Willis at Carnegie Lecture Hall, 11/23
- Tony Campbell at Wallace’s, 11/23
- Live Music Saturdays at Backstage Bar, 11/23
- Neosoul Saturdays at Wolfies, 11/23
…and on the Horizon
- Rodrigo y Gabriela at Roxian, 11/29
- “We Want the Funk” Weekend at August Wilson Center, 12/6 and 12/7
- Antonio Hart Sextet Concert (Kente Arts Alliance) at New Hazlett , 12/7
- Dr. Bernice Reagon (founder, Sweet Honey in the Rock) and Toshi Reagon at PPU’s Pittsburgh Playhouse, 12/9
Sweet Honey in the Rock founder + daughter to perform on 12/9
Dr. Bernice Reagon, creator of the esteemed Sweet Honey in the Rock, will perform with her daughter Toshi at Point Park’s Pittsburgh Playhouse. It is part of the Carol R. Brown Creative Achievement Awards ceremony.
Toshi, who leads her own group Big Lovely, will join me for a interview on The Soul Show on November 30th.
The Soul Show’s annual Thanksgiving Special
Join me for the annual TG presentation on November 23, with “gratitudinous” songs from EWF, Sly, The Nth Power, William DeVaughn (of course), Hathaway, Slave, and so on and so forth.
Also, there’s new music from Allen Stone and Brother Ali, along with the Prince “Originals” release.