The Soul Show, in its first nomination year, has achieved Top Ten status in two categories: Best Radio Show and Best Radio DJ.The voting for Top Three has begun. Help TSS make that final push to the top:
BUT, as I learned with decades of performance reviews in industry, there must be documented justification —>
– From the day 91.3 WYEP halted studio access during the pandemic, TSS never missed a beat. I recorded in Electric Basement Studios throughout these many months, ensuring home acoustics and production were top rate.
– The weekly feature ‘Three Rivers at Three’ has become a valuable platform for Pittsburgh artist exposure.
– I created soulshowmike.org to provide you easy access to hundreds of episodes – not only the 91.3 WYEP program, but also the syndicated TSS on the African American Public Consortium.
– TSS features interviews with classic and emerging artists – Dionne Warwick, Stephen Cat Coore of THIRD WORLD, McCoo and Davis of The Fifth Dimension, Robert “Kool” Bell, The Baylor Project, Naughty Professor, James Royce, Geenpool…
– I supported WYEP special projects, including conceptualization, narration, and coordination of ‘What’s Going On at 50,’ 2020’s ‘Thanksgiving with Motown,’ and Black Songwriters during BHM 2021.
– VIBIN’, the new R&B show with George Tarrant Jr., received my full support from proposition through launch. This was a one-year project that, now completed, has significantly increased the POC broadcast presence in Pittsburgh.
– I partnered with Wrett Weatherspoon to re-launch Big Town Blues during the pandemic. As the most versed host in home production, I provided technical guidance to several other DJ’s in their restarts.
– ‘Soulshowmike’s Album Picks’ in Pittsburgh City Paper was launched in 2020, and provides a new POC perspective on emerging music.